Tuesday, May 27, 2008

St Simons Island

We had an AMAZING Memorial Day weekend at St Simons Island with Erin, Brandon and Peyton as well as Nathan, Allison and Garrett! We decided to get away for the weekend and have a little reunion. Allison, Erin and I lived together for 2 years at Clemson along with Stephanie who couldn't make it for the weekend because Matt was graduating from Seminary (We missed you Steph but we are so proud of Matt!).

Because we had 3 babies in the house, we didn't do much but go to the beach and hang out.... and boy was that hard enough! On Friday, J and I got there early and were able to go to dinner and show Banks the beach on our own. Then on Saturday and Sunday we stayed on the beach all day (minus baby nap times!). At night it was SO GREAT to put the babies to bed and have adult time. We stayed up so late talking an playing games... so refreshing to spend time with good friends!

I was sad to come back on Monday. Living with those girls for 2 years was such a huge part of my life! To spend the weekend with them gave us a chance to catch back up and now I'm sad that it will be awhile before I see them again.

I made a short slide show of a few highlights from the weekend... these are just 14 of the 250+ pictures I took! Whew!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! It is so fun to do nothing and hang out with friends. How sweet that you all have babies around the same age!

Annie said...

Banks is so stinkin' cute.

gipsonsontherocks said...

Awww! You looked like you had a great time! Banks is starting to look more like the Eaves!

Anonymous said...

I think Banks loves the beach!!! I'm glad you had such a good time with your buddies. It makes me exctied about our reunion.