"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:19
Banks was dedicated today -what a special day for him to be dedicated on! Pastor Waters blesses each baby, and then gives each baby a verse to live by. Banks's verse is Joshua 1:19. I pray that Banks will grow up to know that his Lord will be with him wherever he goes in life. I pray that he grows up strong and courageous, and that he loves his Lord with his whole heart. On Wednesday, Pastor Waters met with us to talk about the purpose of the dedication. That we give our children to God, as Hannah gave Samuel to God. We are blessed to be the tools God uses to guide Banks, but Banks belongs to his Lord. How scary to know that we have no control over the outcomes in his life, and yet how comforting to know that someone far more powerful than us in control.
When Banks entered our lives, I discovered I was capable of loving someone with a fierceness I had never experienced before. Then I began to think about how much God loves us - and I realize that God is capable of so much more love than we are capable of giving! I have a better understanding now of how much he loves us as his children - fiercely and intensely. I hope you all know that you are also loved by God - loved on a level that is more than you can comprehend. What a wonderful God!
5 comments:
He is beautiful and so are you! I am so proud of you for putting Christ first in your parenting. That is truly an encouragement to us all. When I think about how much I love Bella and how much God loves us I often think of the passage in Eph that says how wide, deep and long in the love of Christ and I feel like I can grasp it a litttle better but still not fully. Banks is truly a blessing and I am so thrilled you were blessed with such an amazing Mother's Day.
He is so cute! And I do think he looks like you!!
Such a beautiful family! Did you and J get a date while your family was spoiling banks?
Sorry about the jinxing! I do think that the entire congregation enjoyed his screams though! We got a lot of laughs out of it! He was just being himself! :) He needed to be heard at that very moment! And...I love the last picture of him. So sweet!! As for him looking like you, good luck with that! K still looks like the spitting image of Greg and I am usually the only one that can find a bit of me in her. You keep hoping!
Sarah, I wish we could have been there so badly! Sounds like a beautiful and special day- congratulations on your little angel's baby dedication- I know you are so proud!!
Post a Comment