Monday, April 6, 2009

Girls Weekend

A few weekends ago Lisa had the girls up to her house in the upstate! We had a huge group of girls that we hung out with in college - and it was such a blessing to spend the weekend with them again. They are such a precious part of my life, and they are each so special. I can't tell you how rejuvenating it was to spend time with them!

Julie, Lisa, Beth, Me and Steph

Julie's smile can totally light up a room! Her energy and passion for life is totally contagious, and you can't help but smile when you are with her! She is so full of joy!

Lisa is so level-headed, and quite possibly the healthiest person I know. She was a fabulous host (with a gorgeous house!)! And did I mention she's running a marathon soon? That falls under "healthiest person I know."

Beth was my "first friend" in college, and I love her so much to this day! I can always call her, and she has fabulous advice and I can trust that she will tell me how it is... I love a friend like that. She's also my student affairs buddy - so while I'm going through some changes in my job, she has been such a support!

Steph and I lived together for 2 years, and I'm so lucky to have had the opportunity to spend that time with her! She is a loving friend who also tells you exactly how it is, and challenges you to be a better person. She's also been known to stick her foot in her mouth, but hey - who hasn't? (Love you, Steph! And love that about you! "What? You said your name was Shorty?")


Ok, same girls in the picture above but Julie is replaced by Baylis. Baylis is so sweet! Jonathan and I fell in love at her house in Edisto... that place will always hold those sweet memories for me! Baylis may be the biggest Clemson fan I know, and she regularly wore a tiger tail on her overalls on game day!
Ok, Baylis and I went driving around Clemson on Saturday and drove by our old apartments. Can we say ghet-to? Hahaha - didn't seem so bad when we lived there, and I wouldn't trade University Place (UP) for any luxury student condo in the world? Did we have a pool? Heck no! But we had each other!
Baylis, Meg and Steph - the soon to be mommies! Don't you just want to rub those sweet little bellies!?

Meg was my roommate my sophomore year on the hall. She was the voice of reason for me... I'm so glad that I had her stability in my life that year! I can just hear her now... "Now Sarah, you're fine." Whether it was about classes, studying, boys, ADPi drama, or whatever.... she always told me I was "just fine." So calm my Meg was.... and now she's Dr. Meg. What lucky patients she has!
And here's Melanie! Happy Birthday to you! Melanie is like Julie in that she is just FULL of life and energy, and you can't help but smile when you are with her! She has a ginormous heart! She puts 110% into everything she does. Love her!

Love all you girls - more than you know! Thank you for a fabulous weekend, and I can't wait to see you at the summer girls weekend in Beaufort! Hopefully, those who couldn't come this weekend will meet us over the summer!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love this post, Sarah! What a fun weekend we had! I miss you girls terribly but am thankful for our get-togethers! If I were to write a a phrase or two to describe you, it would be wife, mother and admissions guru extraordinaire! It is so sweet to hear you talk about Banks and y'alls adventures, and it just seems like you were born to be a mom! Love you friend!