Saturday, April 18, 2009

15 months old

Dear Sweet Banks,

15 months already? Didn't we just celebrate your birthday?

You are more and more fun every day. I love the smile I get when I wake you up in the morning, like you have been laying there all night just waiting for me to come back and get you! I love the way you wrap your little arms around my neck and hug me in the day when you want to be cuddled. I love the way you sit in my lap at night and make little prayer hands to let me know it's time to say our night night prayers (even though you refuse to make little prayer hands yourself during the prayers!). I love the way that after our prayers, you try to climb into your crib by yourself. You are as serious about your sleep as your mommy is about her sleep!

What else are you doing at 15 months?

- You love to be "SIDE!" Your word for outside. If you can't be 'side' then you throw a fit. It doesn't matter what we do when we're 'side'... we can play with cars, trucks, golf clubs, balls, etc. It just matters that we are 'side.' Often, when we get home from school, we go directly to playing 'side' without so much as setting foot inside the house!

- You've become a really picky eater. At school, you'll eat anything. At home, nothing. Bagels and yogurt. That's about it now.


- You're trying to run! You aren't very steady when you get going fast, but you get faster every day.

- Most days, your daily report card says you were 'busy.' I can't think of a better word to describe you myself!

- You are growing extremely attached to "Da." He's the coolest. Ever.

- You have more teeth! Just last month I was noting you had the same 7 teeth you've had since 9 months. You now have 1 molar (boy, was that painful for all of us when it came in!) and 1 other bottom tooth. Looks like a few more are on their way. Your little mouth seems to hurt all the time.

- You really understand us well now, and you've been following instructions for quite a while now.

- We tell you to go to the bath, and you immediately grab our hands and start pulling us toward the bath! You do love a bath...

- You really love books! But you prefer to read them to us.

Sweet baby, you just have such a personality now! You show us when you're happy, sad, hurting, excited, angry and busy.

I love you more than I ever thought possible.

All our love,
Mommy and Daddy (aka MA! and DA!)

No comments: