Saturday, June 7, 2008

All in a Day

Wake up, feed a baby.
Put the baby back to bed.
Realize there is nothing in the pantry but flour and water.
Decide to go to Wal-mart.
Go to Starbucks first - White Chocolate Mocha.
Pull into Wal-mart... it's 6:30 am.
Buy groceries, and wait 20 minutes in line to check out.
Get home and clean out entire pantry and refrigerator.
Put up groceries.
It's 9 am.
Check on hubby and baby, both of which are still asleep.
Clean living room, dining room and kitchen.
Eat breakfast.
Take care of the baby who is now crying.
Feed baby.
Smack husband who is still sleeping.
It's 10 AM.
Play with the baby and get him dressed.
Go back to Wal-mart because on the first trip, I saw some patio furniture on sale.
Instruct hubby to buy furniture and leave with a sleepy baby.
Swing by Walgreens to pick up meds.
Get home and put baby down for a nap.
It's Noon.
Take a short nap.
Feed a baby.
Blow up the baby's new raft and go to the pool.
Swim swim swim.
Come home and give the baby a bath.
Feed a baby and put him down for another nap.
It's 5 PM.


Whew! That's a synopsis of my day.... I hope Sunday is more restful than today was!

5 comments:

Liza said...

You had to wait 20 minutes in line at Walmart that EARLY in the morning! That's crazy! You should not have had to wait at all!

gipsonsontherocks said...

Nice! I never leave my bed before 8am and sometimes 9:30. Presley and I just hang out!! So, I just admited to you and all your friends that I am a slacker. I am glad you are not!! You are such a good mommy.

Katie said...

I am proud of you! I like to get shopping done early, that way you have time to play in the pool all afternoon and not worry about grocery shopping! :) Sounds like you had a busy, but productive day! I hope you rested today!

Haylee said...

whew, i am now exhausted from reading all of this! i hope you got rest on sunday, too!

Phyllis said...

That was so precious. Thank you for sharing. You should publish as a poem.