Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

As Easter has been approaching, I've been thinking a lot more about the sacrifice God made for us when he sent his only son to die on the cross for the sins of the world. Looking at Banks, I realize I have a totally different understanding of the sacrifice God made. I think about how I obsess over every breathe he takes, and how I stand over his crib at night trying to make sure he's still breathing, and I can't imagine my life without him. God loved his son just as much and yet he also loved us as much, so he chose to save us through his son. What a sacrifice. What love for us.

I hope that as you celebrate this special weekend, that you will know how fully you are loved by your Lord and Savior. I hope that you will mourn the fact that Jesus ever had to die because we are sinful people, but that you will also rejoice in his Resurrection and the life that you have been given becuase of Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gipsonsontherocks said...

Amen!!!!!! I couldn't have said it better! Praise God!

Liza said...

AMEN!!

On a not so spiritual note, I think you need to make a cake for Katie. Every time she calls me and asks what I am doing, my answer is "Making a cake" or "Decorating a cake" and she always says, "I want cake!" I told her I would not mail her one. So will you please make her one???