Monday, March 24, 2008

Because He Lives

It's amazing to me that so many things in life can take on different meanings depending on what stage of life you are in. How many times have I sang the hymn "Because He Lives?" It was always special - reflecting on how we can face tomorrow because of the resurrection of Christ. But in church on Sunday, as we sang the second verse, I found so much more meaning... I realized that all of the fear I have about Banks growing up in a world that seems to be so uncertain is just unnecessary. Banks will be able to face uncertain days because of the sacrifice God gave and I can find comfort in that.
How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Hey girl!!! I sure enjoyed that song too! You are right, it has a whole new meaning. I was also sad when I heard it. I have a friend at church who is trying so hard to conceive- w/no luck. I felt for her during that song! I want her to have the same experience so badly!!! Your Easter outfit was SO pretty and Banks looked so sharp!!!