Banks had his 9 month appointment yesterday, and here are his stats:
18 lbs 8 ounces28 inches long
18.5 inches around his head
I was so proud of how big my baby is getting! His weight is great - he went from the 25th percentile to the 35th... so we're moving on up! He's still in the 75th percentile for height. Looks like he got the tall/thin jeans from his daddy! Um, and his head is in the 95th percentile! My baby has a big ol' head! Mom - tell Lorraine! He got his build from his daddy but his head is an Eaves! We'll just say he needed room for all of those brains!
Here are a few pictures at 9 months. The first one is not a great picture, but you can really see his teeth so I posted it anyway...
Here are a few pictures at 9 months. The first one is not a great picture, but you can really see his teeth so I posted it anyway...
Daddy did his hair tonight after the bath...
Dear Banks,I can't believe you get to be more fun with every day that passes! You are becoming so social, and it makes me so happy to see you learn and explore the world around you. I love your laugh - it's the sweetest sound in my world. And when you smile, your entire face lights up with it! My favorite times with you are in the morning when we get to snuggle before going to school, and at night when I rock you to sleep. Those are the only times you are still enough to cuddle, so I try to cherish those moments!
Here's what you are doing at 9 months...
- You are a champion crawler! You are into everything, and I feel like I just chase you around the house! Literally, sometimes we do chase you around the island in the kitchen! Round and round... And your sweet little knees stay red from rubbing the floor as you crawl.
- You are pulling up on anything and everything that is stable enough to support you! When I walk into your room in the morning, sometimes you are already standing in your crib waiting for me. I'm not ready for you to walk though... so you can crawl and pull up all you want, but do not take steps! Stay my baby for a little longer!
- You have said "bye-bye" several times with very appropriate timing. So, I'm declaring bye-bye your first word. You spend the majority of your time saying da-da-da-da-da (and sometimes ma-ma-ma)... but we aren't sure yet that there is any comprehension.
- You love to click your tongue (all day long!). I'm not sure where you learned that trick...
- You blow kisses! It sounds a lot like you are making Indian noises...
- You give mommy kisses (but not daddy).
- You gag when you don't like the food we give you, even though you aren't choking at all.
- Bath time is still one of the high points of your day. Even when you aren't dirty, you get a bath most nights because we simply can't deprive you of that joy in life!
- Every morning, I let you sit with Callie while I finish getting ready. She is such a good babysitter! She lets you pet her and touch her nose, and you giggle!
- You have 6 teeth...four on top and two on the bottom.
- Your favorite foods are bananas, yogurt, puffs, cheerios and goldfish.
- You love to paint at school! Several times a week I pick you up with paint all over your arms and legs, and sometimes in your hair! I love your little masterpieces!
I love you so much, sweet boy! You have really turned into the happiest baby, and I'm so thankful that God blessed us by allowing us to be your parents!
All our love,
Mommy and Daddy
7 comments:
I absolutely love how you do this letter. That will mean so much to both you and him when he gets older. I may copy the idea...that ok?
Of course! And I had no idea you were blogging now! I can keep up with you guys so much better this way!
oh my goodness...he is just the cutest! sarah...i could just eat him up! great pics!!!
He is too PRECIOUS Sarah!! I have to agree with Melanie...I love the letters you write to him each month. You'll both appreciate that so much one day. :)
He is getting to be such a big boy!! Kennedy had um...1 tooth at 9 months!! He is way ahead of her! :)
He is getting so big!!! What's with the kisses thing. Bella will give me kisses all day long but runs when daddy says, "give me a kiss." I think they think it's funny. He is precious. Just think he is three months from being a one year old.
Post a Comment