Wow - eight months flies by so quickly! I just don't know where the time went, and I don't know how my sweet snuggly little baby who slept all the time became a sweet little baby who only snuggles when he's sleepy, but is crawling all over the place when awake! Those precious little squeaks and coos have been replaced by grunts and single-syllable sounds. Those little knees that were once so soft are now red and rough by the end of the day from crawling. Those little hands that once wrapped tightly around my finger as a reflex, now wrap around my finger because of a choice to hold mommy's hand. What a joy you are!
Tonight, you didn't want to play... so your eight month picture is of you crying. That's fine. You chose to spend your birthday crying so that is what I will document. You were SO MAD! I'm not sure what the problem is... but you're sleeping soundly now after mommy rocked you and loved you to sleep in your rocking chair.
Here's what you are doing at eight months...
- Crawling!
- You LOVE peek-a-boo! The greatest giggles come when mommy or daddy hide behind the door and then pop out with a big peek-a-boo! You even giggle in anticipation!
- You can pull up! Just last week I walked into your classroom at school and I found you standing and holding on to the shelves. Such a big boy!
- From a crawling position, you push up to all fours so you're halfway standing up. I guess this is one step before standing on your own.
- Big boy food makes you gag still. You hate anything not pureed unless it's puffs or a wagon wheel.
- You reach for me... warms my heart.
- You're going through a serious mommy stage. When mommy leaves the room, may the crying begin. It's ok - I love that you love me.
- You open drawers. Time to start baby proofing!
- You dance! If music starts to play, you start bobbing your head!
Your mommy and daddy love you so much, Banks. You make us happier than we ever thought we could be. Thank you for your precious smiles, laughs and snuggles...
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:
Happy 8 months sweet Banks! I can't believe it has been that long!
I called you tonight to wish you a happy 8-month birthday, but you were already in bed. Just know that I love you and you truly rock my world sweet baby.
Happy 8 month birthday Banks! I feel like you're going to be driving before I ever meet you!
Post a Comment