Monday, May 4, 2009

15 month check up

You know it's not a good sign when the Dr. walks in with a list of ways to fatten your child up. Yep. That's right. The skinny baby is back. He fell from the nearly 50th percentile back down to the 10th. He not only didn't gain weight in the last month, but he lost 2 ounces. At least he's still tall. Still nearly 75th percentile in height.

Furthermore, the stomach bug hit him over the weekend and he had the most disgusting diapers ever (like the kind that result in undressing him in the tub so you can just wash it all away) and refused to eat. Still refusing as of tonight, but we got a little more in him than in the past few days. Skinny baby won't eat! Ugh. I'm frustrated.

21 lbs 6 ounces
31 3/4 inches long
19.5 cm head

Anyway, the rest of the check up was great! No other causes for concern! :) And the Dr. reassured me that Banks is healthy, and genetics may mean he will always be a little thin like his daddy (and uncle will) but we need to make every effort to give him fatty and protein-rich foods. Oh boy. No more goldfish for our little man!

4 comments:

The Dart Family said...

Awww--he is a tall, skinny guy! My Hadden is only about 3 1/2 or 4 pounds lighter than Banks--I'm afraid of how much he'll weigh at his 6 month appointment! He gained 5 1/2 lbs in 2 months (between 2 and 4 months!).

life in a positive direction said...

Aww-good luck. I know he isn't quite ready for peanut butter, but the little boy I take care of LOVES string cheese (if you are looking for a quick substitute for the gold fishies). I love you!!!

Jennifer :) said...

Don't worry! Drew weighed 18lbs at a year and at his 15 month check up he was still not big enough to turn around in the car seat. So that means he was still under 20 lbs. I know that it all has to do with their growth curve...but I wouldn't worry too much. Oh, and Drew still doesn't eat. I wish I didn't like to eat!

Brandi Shepherd said...

Sarah, I'm Cindy's friend. I check up on your blog along with Missy's every once in awhile.

Riley was very petite (still is) and they recommended Pediasure and/or milkshakes loaded w/bananas, pb, etc.

He will be fine as long as you are offering him food. I doubt you're starving Banks, so he'll be fine!

Keep us updated.