Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update on the garden

In case you were wondering, I still have not killed my garden! The herbs are doing well, too!


I'm mostly excited that we had our first harvest! Banks was able to pick 4 strawberries over the course of the last week! We just picked them, rinsed with the hose and ate them! He loves it! It's all I can do to keep him from picking the green ones.

Now, I'm SUPER excited that my tomato plants have blossoms! Yep! That means tomatoes are coming soon! I better get ready to open Sarah's Farmers Market!

Oh, one more thing.... Jonathan thinks we have cut worms. I had 9 bell pepper plants, and I'm down to 6. Two of them disappeared without a trace so I assumed an animal got them UNTIL.... then, I noticed the 3rd one just laying on the ground and it had been shredded from the roots up. Those critters are eating the roots and then the plants are blowing away! Anyone know how to get rid of cut worms?

1 comment:

Haylee said...

go to lowes- they have a spray for cut worms. your garden looks great!