Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beach Trip 2009

Last weekend was our annual College Roommate Vacation! We had an unbelievable amount of fun, but I gotta tell you.... I'm pretty sure no one came back more rested than before we went. Keeping an eye out for 3 toddlers was work! Fortunately, they played so well together that they were pretty easy!

I just posted a handful of my favorite pictures, but then I posted a short slide show in case you want to see more of our vacation.

This year's destination was Edisto, SC. Erin's parents have a gorgeous house on the creek, and were gracious enough to allow us to stay there for a long weekend. On Friday, we drove out to the Island and went to the beach for a few hours. It was pretty overcast that morning, but of course the sun came out when it was time for the kids to take their afternoon naps. So, we took the kids back and laid on the dock on the creek instead.

On Saturday, we took the boat's out to another island that was beautiful! The water was calmer, which was better for the kids to play more independently. And for a while, we were the only ones in sight on the island! As the morning went on though, we had some others join us!

Many thanks to Erin, Allison and Steph (and families) for a wonderful vacation! We can't wait for sweet baby Lucy to join us next year!




Banks passed out on the boat ride, and didn't wake up when we arrived so we made him a little bed on the beach! He probably slept 45 minutes out there!




1 comment:

Liza said...

I love sleeping on the beach :) And I also love being one of just a few people on the beach!