Tonight, Jonathan came home and asked Banks, "Did you have a big day?" Banks responded with "Had a big day!" This is the most complex sentence yet! And he said it a dozen times tonight, plus we caught it on video. Listen carefully - the first few times we ask the question he doesn't say it clearly, but eventually he does!
He starts the video saying "CHEESE!" because he sees the camera.
After a few tries, then he finally says "Had a big day."
Then he shoes off his new word.... apple juice. (We don't even give him juice. How does he know this?)
Tonight, I let Banks run around sans diaper for a bit. After about 20 minutes of this, he tinkled on the floor. He looked at us, horrified. We say, "Banks, did you tt on the floor?" He looks back up at us with those big blue eyes and says, "Uh oh." So on the video, you hear us asking the question again - only by the time we shot the video he had picked up on the fact that we thought it was funny that he answered the question that way.
Jonathan has been teaching Banks about what a Gamecock says. He teaches Banks to rub his eyes and "cry."
"Had a big day" again!
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my gosh.....sooo precious!!!! I can't believe how well he's talking. You can understand everything that he says.
Seriously....that was the most precious thing I have seen in a long time! He is AMAZING! How sweet was that kiss?! Too cute, Sarah! You are such a good momma!
Sarah--he is just ADORABLE! Well, except for the Gamecock thing! Funny, but that's exactly what Jackson says that the Tigers do! :)
It is SO crazy when they start to communicate isn't it! I love it!! Looking forward to many more Banks conversation blogs! Keep doing them because they are so fun to look back on!! I already reminisce about Kennedy! :)
Oh my word-that is just precious!!!...minus the Gamecock display. Other than that, love love love the video!!!
I watch this almost every day and it leaves a big silly grin on my face!
Post a Comment