Sunday, August 10, 2008

This is the life...

Sitting on my parents patio, drinking coffee, looking at the lake (or what's left of it after another dry summer) with 5 dogs at our feet... and it can't be more than 75 degrees at the moment. So nice!

For the mommies out there... I let Banks try a "puff" this weekend. You know, the gerber graduates puffs? He HATED it! I put a tiny bite of one (like a fourth of one) on his little tongue and he started gagging! I would have thought he was choking but I could still see the puff on the tip of his tongue! Anyways... am I just a little early for puffs? When do babies start to like these things?

As a side note, Banks is perfecting the art of hand clapping! We started to learn last weekend, and now we're getting pretty good! 


5 comments:

K.White said...

Ryan doesn't like the puffs. He just plays with them instead of eating them. If I put it in his mouth he spits it back out. He'll eat cheerios at school but not at home. I guess that's because he sees the other kids eating them at school.

Haylee said...

Peyton started eating the puffs at 6 months (I should say, gumming them!)
She loved them- but, I know a lot of kids don't!

Crafty Chick said...

Anna Cate never liked them either. She started eating Cheerios at around 10 months (I think...it is hard to remember already!) ;)

Katie said...

Try the wagon wheels. They are bigger and scarier for you at first, but the fall apart when they gum on them. He might like those better! I have no idea when we started puffs but Kennedy would still eat them if I bought them. Once you get him on a little solid food he will probally like the puffs!

By the way as I read the blog, I read Puffs, and really I thought why is sarah giving her baby drugs? :) My brain is fried these days.....:)

Anonymous said...

Bella loved the puffs. We also started them at six months. You might could try a different flavor or a different brand. I found that Bella prefered the Wal-Mart brand better for some reason. Her little friend Chloe never would eat them but she tore up some Cheerios. Go figure...they are all different.