Monday, August 18, 2008

7 months old

Every month I am just in awe of how much Banks is growing and changing. I think about how big he is getting, and then I'm amazed when I think about how short 7 months really is... and how crazy and wonderful it is that he can develop so much in such a short time. He has brought so much joy to our lives... he is really just such a happy baby. There is something in a baby's smile and laugh that just reflects what pure joy really is! They know nothing of anything bad in the world. When they laugh, they are completely full of happiness! It's priceless. I wish I could bottle it.

Dear Banks,

You are growing so fast! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! You are doing so well in school, and you're one of the happiest babies in your class! You are getting so big... here are some of the things you can do now...

- You can push up on all fours, and rock back and forth. You take a step or two here and there on your knees, but you can't get more than a few inches.

- You reach for me! It warms my heart to see you reach for me and know that you want me to hold you.

- You have 2 teeth! These teeth are starting to change the way you look - I will miss the toothless, gummy grin but teeth are important... so bring them on!

- You are starting to push yourself up into a sitting position from the ground.

- You are starting to pull up when you have mommy's hands to brace you. You're not pulling up on furniture yet though.

- You love to swing! Your daddy is outside tonight building you a swing so you can swing whenever you want!

- You love school! Last week, you painted me a picture and I understand now why every parent is so proud of their child's artwork! I wanted to race back to work and hang it on my wall! You don't sleep much at school - but I think it's because you are having so much fun!

- You do not like Puffs, but tonight we learned that you do like Wagon Wheels! I'm so excited to start moving on to finger foods! I think you will enjoy the independence of feeding yourself!

- You are getting very attached to your mommy. You cry now when I leave a room, which is getting hard for me because I never want to make you sad! At least you don't cry yet when I leave you at school. Again, you love school!

You make us so happy, Banks. I pray that one day you can experience the joy of loving your own children as much as we love you!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you noticed, but you can see teeth if you click on the picture with the hat and red shorts.

Katie said...

Those are some very sweet pictures! He is growing up TOO fast! Happy 7 months Banks!