Jonathan and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this weekend! I can't believe 5 years have passed! It really flew by... We celebrated in Asheville, NC where we spent Friday at the Biltmore House. Well, we actually spent the day at the Winery and Farm. We never even saw the House! We had done the house before so we decided instead to enjoy the winery, a nice lunch, etc. We learned a lot about wine... Jonathan and I started to appreciate wine when we went to Italy with Missy and Cindy (and Bailey!) and we've really enjoyed tasting new wines ever since. (As a side note, Cindy and Missy, I had an awesome white pizza while we were there! Yummmm.... not as good as the one in La Madd but close!). Once Blogger decides to let me post pictures, I'll put up a few from the weekend!
To Jonathan... wow, 5 year! You make me so happy! We've been through a lot, haven't we?! Here's a too-short summary of 5 years...
- Honeymoon in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico
- Moved to Georgia, away from both families! Probably the best move we could have made at the time... it certainly taught us to be totally dependent on each other and I really think it laid the foundation for our strong marriage!
- 2 1/2 years of me in graduate school and you watching movies from Netflix so you wouldn't be bored to tears at night. Thank you for supporting me as I earned my MBA! I couldn't have done it without your support!
- 3 bridges in Millen, 1 bridge over Watermelon Creek, a bridge in Effingham, a bridge in Metter, and now miles of interstate and bridgework over I-95 in Darien,
- Travel to Puerta Villarta, Mexico; Memphis, Tennessee; Gatlinburg, Tennessee; Phoenix, Arizona; Asheville, North Carolina; Jekyll Island, Georgia; St. Simons Island, Georgia; Orlando, Florida and Disney World; Rome, Florence, Venice and La Maddelena, Italy; Las Vegas.... and countless places in South Carolina
- Moving from a starter home to a more spacious home - with room to start our family!
- 2 precious puppies
- 3 lawn mowers
- Learning how to make a few things "like your mom" (Robin, I know you understand!!)... chicken and dumplings and beef stroganoff.
- A couple of promotions for each of us at work
- pregnancy!
- the first six months of life with a precious baby boy... we never thought there was a void in our lives until he came to fill it!
I love you so much! You are so wonderful! Thank you for taking care of Banks and me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You should travel to Chattanooga! :)
Don't forget the sound wall on Truman Parkway. That was Ross' first project with Jonathan.
What a sweet message to Jonathan. You two really are a wonderful couple. I am glad that I have you in my life to look at as an example.
Awwww...that was so sweet. It made me want to marry jonathan for a minute....:)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We are very envious of all the travels- and 3 lawnmowers!! :)
Post a Comment