Saturday, December 20, 2008

11 months old

Dear sweet baby,

How much longer can I call you sweet baby? Soon you'll be a sweet toddler! You're getting so big... and it makes me happy and breaks my heart all at once. Mommy and Daddy are both home with you for a week and a half for Christmas! How fun is that! We're having lots of good family time together! So, what are you doing at 11 months?

- Talking up a storm! Too bad none of us have any idea what you are saying... you keep saying the usual words (Dada, Mama, All Done, Bye Bye) but I can't understand the rest. I think you're saying "Nah Nah" when you're tired and I can only guess you're trying to say "Night Night." Oh, and you did make a few excellent attempts at "Jessi" this week! I think you know what you're saying - but we can't understand it yet!

- You're getting good at signing "drink" now.

- You really adore your daddy. For so long, I've been your favorite but your face just lights up when your daddy walks into the room. And then all we hear is "Da!... Da!"

- You love the dogs. They make you giggle all the time!

- You are taking steps holding mommy and daddy's hand now. This was a first last Sunday when we were walking up to The Beaver House for lunch. We put you between us and you held our hands and walked across the parking lot!


- You give "high fives!" Daddy taught you that trick. It's very cute!

Sweet baby, your mommy and daddy love you so much. You bring us so much joy, and there is no more precious sound than you laughing at something we've said or done. You sure have changed our lives!

Love you immensely,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

gipsonsontherocks said...

What a big boy. They do grow up so fast!