Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Banks had a big 4th of July! Lots of celebrating with family and friends! He played hard in the yard. There was a lot of sitting up to do! And yes, for baby book history, he can sit now! Not just for 10 seconds - but for quite a while as long as there are toys to play with! I wouldn't leave him sitting in a room by himself by any means (he would come crashing down eventually) but he's pretty stable for a fairly long period of time.

I'm actually happy to say that this was one of the quieter July 4th holidays that we've had in the past few years and it was really nice! Banks got to play hard but he didn't have to be overwhelmed by a large crowd.

And did he like the fireworks? No. For one thing, they didn't start until 10 PM which is entirely too late. Banks fell asleep on the boat for a while, but then woke up around 9. Had the fireworks started at 9, or even 9:30, we might have had a chance. But by 9:45 we were screaming and carrying on - it was time for night night and Banks was NOT happy about not being in bed! So we turned the boat around, fireworks going on behind us (at least we got to see a few as we drove away!) and went home. The best part? Not 5 minutes after we got in the house, the heavens opened and God showed his own fireworks - complete with torrential downpour! So it was a good thing Banks made us go home early anyway!






7 comments:

K.White said...

Looks like ya'll had a great weekend.
P.S. Ryan really loves that sippy cup...we have two of them.

Haylee said...

Sarah and Jonathan,
I'll have you know, that is the cutest little guy ever! He is just so adorable and SO happy! I can't get over how fast he is growing up!
Love y'all,
Haylee

gipsonsontherocks said...

Awwww! Too fun! I just love his little lifevest!

Liza said...

Those pictures made me smile!!

Katie said...

Those are some of the best pictures you have taken of him! So sweet! And by the way...love the 4th of July outfit...just perfect I tell you!

life in a positive direction said...

Goodness gracious, he is just so cute!!! And my word, sitting up already. And did I see a sippy cup in the picture. Way to go all american mommy, daddy and baby!!! Time goes by so fast with babies!!!

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big and so cute!! I love how happy he looks. I can't wait to see him next weekend and give him kisses. We love you guys!!!