Friday, July 18, 2008

6 months!

Wow, as I look at Banks's age ticker at the top of the screen I realize that my baby is half way to 1! How did 6 months pass by so quickly?!

To celebrate, Banks had his first meal! He had sweet potatoes and he loved them! I know that you "should" start with rice cereal, but since he has been getting rice cereal in his bottle to help his reflux I didn't think it also needed to be his first meal. He kept grabbing the spoon from me! I'm posting pictures and a short video for the grandparents to enjoy. Thanks to Missy and Cindy for videoing the experience as well as taking lots of pictures!






Dear Sweet Banks,

At 6 months, you can do so much! Every day you amaze me more and more. You've learned to...

- sit by yourself for short periods of time

- babble and babble, truly thinking you are having a conversation with us

- play the drums!

- eat solids as of tonight!

- drink juice (and hold your own sippy cup)

- fly across the country

- move toys from one hand to the other

- reach for the toys or person you want

- know your name

- recognize our voices

- crack up laughing when you're tickled

You bring so much joy to our lives. You have become such a happy baby, and your smile can nearly light up a room! We love every minute with you!

Happy 6 month birthday, sweet baby...

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Oh, SOOOO cute!!!