Thursday, July 24, 2008

6 month check-up

Hooray! A clean bill of health at 6 months! And wow, have we grown! Here's are stats:

16 pounds 10.5 ounces
27 inches long (75% in length!)
18.2 inches around the head
I was pulling for 16 pounds... and got an extra 10.5 ounces! I'm officially not worried about weight anymore. This puts us close to the 50% in weight, and his cheeks and thighs are filling out quite nicely!
Doing well on all accounts developmentally! And, Doctor said he was the happiest baby he had seen all day! :)
The shots were terrible though. Nothing breaks my heart more than pinning down his arms while someone pokes a sharp needle into his precious, pudgy little legs. Poor baby.
For the record, Banks has slept 12 hours solid for the last 2 nights... without me waking him up for a 10 PM feeding (Katie, are you proud?!). Wow - what freedom that brings! I do miss the night time feeding a little though... but I won't go back!

4 comments:

Haylee said...

YAY Banks! He is growing like a weed!! That is just terrific!

Katie said...

I told you so!!!

Sarah said...

I miss it!

Epting said...

Wow! This really gives me hope Sarah! :) James has had a few good nights recently but the longest he has gone is 6 hours on Thursday night. I do enjoy the quiet bonding during the night but I am ready to get a little more sleep! I am glad Banks is doing so well. I can't wait to meet him face to face!