Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Day Back and an Update

So the last week has been crazy! Banks and I stayed busy last week - mostly playing with each other and enjoying my last week of maternity leave. I decided I didn't need to stay on the computer when I could be playing with him!

Banks turned 12 weeks last Friday, and was 11.0 pounds! I measured him when I got home, and measured 24 inches - but as any of you know if you have tried to measure a squirmy, wiggly baby - that is not an exact science! So it appears that I have a long, skinny baby! His length is making him outgrow his 3 month clothes - On to the 6 month outfits... How do they go through clothes so fast!

Yesterday was my first day back at work, and both mommy and Banks survived! When I picked him up at 5, he was so sleepy! He turned as soon as he heard my voice and when I picked him up he just laid his head on my shoulder. He went to sleep as SOON as we got home, slept for an hour and a half, and STILL went to bed by 8:30 for the night! He was only awake for an hour with me and J - the ladies said that he just watched the other children all day and did not know what to think of them crying! Meanwhile - he didn't cry all day! Sweet baby...

So it appears that he can indeed survive without me - at least for a few hours a day! I suppose it's good for him to be a bit independent...

8 comments:

Haylee said...

That is great news Sarah! Whew- I know that is a HUGE relief!

Annie said...

I am so glad you both survived your first day back to work. How many times did you call to check on him? lol
He is growing so much! Can't wait to finally meet him in May.

Sarah said...

Haha - I only called once! Are you proud of me?!

K.White said...

Glad to hear your first day back went well for you both. Ryan was the same way watching everything that went on in the room at daycare. He still does and now he wants to do what the other kids are doing even though he is not big enough to do those things yet. It will be a long first week back but it does get better as you both get into a new routine.

Annie said...

I am proud of you! I called MY MOM more than once the first time she had Hannah. LOL

Liza said...

So glad you are surviving!

Katie said...

I told you he would be WORN out! Get ready for sleeping through the night! That is next! I am so glad it went well for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.