My how both Banks and I have changed over the past 2 weeks! For Banks, he's been packing on the lbs, or should I say ounces.... At his 2 week appt, he weighed 7 lbs 14 ounces. Still shy of his birthweight (8lbs 2 oz) but considering we bottomed out at 7 lbs 1.5 ounces when we left the hospital - I'd say we're looking pretty good! His color is great and nursing is now a breeze!
I've changed an awful lot too... I've gone from not getting dressed at all during the day - choosing just to stay in a robe because getting dressed was way too much work - to managing to get lounge clothes on around 3 PM each day - to managing to actually get a shower and get dressed in real clothes by 3 PM each day - to finally, today, getting showered AND dressed by noon! I know - noon sounds late still - but I'm evolving! I even got Banks dressed by noon! Of course - I had to change him into something after he wet through 4 pair of pajamas last night... (maybe I need to try a different brand of diapers!)
All in all, we are doing well! Getting a little stir crazy being cooped up inside the house but he still seems so small to take out much. Would love to go to church, but I don't think he is ready. Maybe I'll go to the super bowl party for an hour tomorrow night and leave him with his grandma Robin. Think I can manage to leave him? We'll see I guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I know exactly what you mean about getting dressed. Try getting out for a short trip. It makes you feel so much better. I was afraid to get out at first because I thought he might get sick but wait...He got sick after I went back to work for 3 weeks and I brought home a cold to him. We both are getting better now. On the diaper subject we've tried Pampers, Luves, & Huggies. Out of those three we like the Pampers the best. If diapers are the reason for messing up clothes then something else will be. Ryan likes to spit up and it seems like I'm always doing laundry. Glad to hear things are going well for you all.
I didn't shower until 2:00 today, and when I did, I just put my robe back on. It's now 6:00 and I'm finally getting dressed. And I don't have a newborn!
I think you are doing great for 2 weeks out! AND...I think Krystle is right, get out and enjoy this WARM weather...it will make you feel so good! I took Peyton to Walmart at 2 weeks b/c I was so COOPED up! I just kept her covered up! You are doing great Sarah!
You are doing great! I would imagine if you can work toward getting ready for work in 12 weeks then you will be ok! Sounds like you are on the right track!
so did you leave him for the super bowl?
I think I made the same progression as you with the whole getting dressed thing. Honestly there are still days that Hannah and I both keep our pajamas on all day.
When Hannah was a week old, I had to get out. We went to Target. I just kept her cacooned in her seat and stroller so people wouldn't get in her face. Granted, it wasn't cold and flu season as it was Septemeber.
We have used all brands of diapers from generic Sam's brand to Luvs to Huggies to Pampers. Babies are just shaped different and so I guess that is why some of my friends can buy the cheap diapers, but Hannah requires Pampers. It's trial and error.
I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Did you make it to that party? Hannah was 2 weeks old when Brian and I went on our first date without her. My mom watched her. I missed her so much, but Brian and I needed the time together. I still miss her when we are apart for more than a couple hours, but it is good for us at the same time.
I know your mom loved every minute she had with him, and I am sure Grandma Robin is in Heaven now. :)
Looking for some more pictures of that beautiful baby!
Yep!! I remember those newborn days. Bella was born in the winter too so I hated to take her anywhere. We basically stayed home until March. But take some time for you that will make you a better mommy. About the diapers....Good Luck I have tried them all and when she was first born we loved Pampers Swaddlers now we like Luvs. I have a friend that uses cloth diapers and loves them the best. I think the truth is we will have to deal with leakage until we potty train them.
Post a Comment