Oh wow - did I just torture my son yesterday?!
Friday we had Banks's newborn pictures made. I had it all planned perfectly. The photographer was coming to our house so we wouldn't have to load him and his gear up and take him to the studio. I put him down for a nap in the morning. He slept 3 hours and then I changed his diaper and nursed him. I timed it PERFECTLY so that as I finished nursing, the photographer was arriving. I could not have planned it any better. Let me also add that Banks is really a very good baby - rarely fussy unless he's wet or hungry. I mean seriously - I can almost always fix him when he cries!
Well, he proceeded to scream for the next 3 hours! OK- he didn't scream for a solid 3 hours but when he wasn't screaming he just looked mad! He hated every bit of it! I ever stopped in the middle and nursed him again and tried to get him to sleep, which worked until I walked back out into the living room and then he proceeded to scream again.
Poor thing. I think he just didn't understand why he was being handled and jostled so much and no one would let him get comfortable. I felt terrible at the end becuase it had been so bad on him. There is no way we got good pictures. Needless to say, once the photographer left we were all exhausted and mom, dad and baby all crashed for the next several hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ask Lindsey about Hannah's first pictures. They were a disaster. I don't even have one up in my house. If she hadn't been with me, I may have lost it! The 3 month pictures were much better, and I spent a TON of money on them. :)
Now, having a photographer come to your house, that's big stuff. My "personal" photographer (aka, my good friend, Jaime) is moving back to Arizona! :(
Anyway, as always, I am rambling. I can't wait to see the pictures!
NO KIDDING! All of Peyton's pictures made me a wreck until she was like 9 months old b/c she would always cry! I would do everything right: nap, feeding, burping, etc. and she would still cry! But, believe it or not, you will have some good ones in the batch!
I'm betting there are still some good one's in the mix!
Poor little Banks! I am sure you got some good pictures. Besides the fact he is a good looking baby, those photographers are incredible at capturing that perfect shot between cries!!
I hope they turn out better than you think. At Bella's one year pictures she decided it was time to run and explore the studio. She gave me and the photographer a great work out. I felt like I needed a shower when it was all done.
Post a Comment