Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More Pictures!

Can I just say that I have been trying since Sunday to post this blog entry, but every time I get close my precious son wants to nurse, or has a smelly diaper, or has the hiccups, or just needs to be held? All of which I am blessed with the opportunity to take care of! I never thought I would be so willing to clean up a nasty diaper. Katie - I've come a LONG way since practicing on Kennedy! I no longer think I'm going to cut off circulation to his legs! As a matter of fact, if his legs turn a little blue then I know his diaper won't leak! Kidding... wouldn't do that to the baby!

In response to Annie's comment, here's a picture of how the first babies are doing with Banks! Well, Callie at least... As I suspected, Callie is more protective of the baby (although sometimes I think she just likes the interesting smells that Banks makes) and Cotton just comes by occasionally to lick his toes and then moves on with her life. Cotton is very independent!


I also wanted to say thanks to everyone for your supportive comments as we were under the bili lamp! We are looking lots better now! And thank you to everyone who has called and emailed and been supportive as we struggled to learn to nurse. We are getting quite good at it now I think... every day is a bit better at least!

Liza - these are for you! Below are some pics we took Sunday afternoon. I think the ones of Jonathan with the baby are particularly good!


12 comments:

The Dart Family said...

Sarah--those pictures were amazing! Did you do them yourself? Banks looks so sweet--I really miss those "baby" days!

Haylee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Those pictures are incredible!!! Banks is beautiful- is that ok to say about a baby boy? Jonathan looks so proud and you look like the happiest MOM on earth! I love your new little family! Congratulations on such a blessing! I can't wait to see him again!

Anonymous said...

Let's call it Class of 2031. What's the rush? He'll want to get in an extra football season.

Medic Mom said...

What a handsome boy!!! I love the pictures!

Annie said...

Your pictures are wonderful! What a sweetie.

K.White said...

I Love these Pictures. Who took them for you? It's amazing how quickly they begin to grow. Looking at those pictures of Banks makes me think of how small Ryan was 11 weeks ago. We want to come visit again soon.

Liza said...

WOW! I'm so glad I asked for pictures! Those are amazing!!! Did you take them?

A Thousand Splendid Suns is good. It didn't grip me as much as The Kite Runner at the very beginning, but it wasn't long before it had me hooked. I'm a little over half way now, and it got really really good today-but it happened when I was on the exercise bike and I had tears rolling down my face! Hopefully no one around me noticed, or just thought I was sweating a lot!

Sarah said...

Yay! Thanks to everyone for liking my pictures :) I took most of them, and mom took the ones that have me in them. I was pretty pleased with the turnout! And yes, it's ok to call him beautiful :) I think baby boys can be beautiful!

K.White said...

You did an awesome job taking those pictures. I honestly thought that they were professional pictures. Maybe I should hire you to takes pictures for me.

Katie said...

The new camera was worth it now wasn't it? :) He has changed so much since I saw him! I think his hair has a bit of the reddish tint... to cute! Kennedy sends her love to her new friend Banks! We are working on saying his name. For now he will be known as baby... we have that one down. :)

Ashley & Josh Jones said...

Love the pictures! I was thinking about you and finally checked the blog to find out that Banks is here! He is adorable and I'm so happy for you guys.

gipsonsontherocks said...

Ok, there really is only one word to sum up all of those pictures...BEAUTY! I am awe struck. You have a beautiful family!