Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Mommy! Santa Clause!"

Banks had the opportunity to meet Santa today! How lucky we are that he stepped away from the North Pole and his toy shop for a few hours!

Banks ran up to Santa yelling "Santa CAUSE, Mommy! Santa CAUSE!" Well, he wasn't too happy when we told him you have to stand in line to talk to Santa. When it was our turn, Banks froze. He clung to his daddy! So we decided to walk away for a minute and talk more about why you need to sit on Santa's knee or else Santa won't know what you want for Christmas! This is serious business, people!

Well, fortunately a little girl about 5 years old was next. She hopped right up on Santa's lap and they talked and talked. After Banks saw how easy it was, there was no holding him back! He went and hopped in Santa's lap and told him all about a tractor that he wants for Christmas. "Tractor, Santa! A geen one!" (Yes, I realize green is misspelled but I think you need to know how it comes out of Banks's mouth!)

Now, I know he doesn't look super happy in this picture but we interrupted some serious conversation to take this picture! After the picture, Banks wanted to get out of Santa's lap but he proceeded to stand in front of Santa and tell Santa all about the "BIG snowman" and "BIG Christmas Tree" sitting around Santa's chair. He mentioned the tractor one more time too before we walked away!


Precious, precious night... I hope I remember it forever!

No comments: