Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus

On Christmas Eve, Banks and I baked a birthday cake for Jesus. Banks has started to enjoy cooking with me, and I thought this would be a good way to talk to him about the real reason for Christmas!

Well, it started out with me telling Banks we were making a birthday cake for Jesus, and Banks telling me that no, it was in fact "Happy Birthday, Banksy." After a few rounds of "No, Happy Birthday, Jesus!" and "No, Happy Birthday, Banksy!" I think we finally convinced him it was Jesus's birthday.

Boy is he confused now that Christmas has passed and we really are preparing for "Happy Birthday, Banksy!"







1 comment:

Gaye said...

I am so proud of you guys for teaching Banks the true meaning of Christmas. We all get lost in the craziness of the holiday...so thanks for teaching my grandson the unbelievable gift and blessing of Jesus. Praise God!