Wednesday, December 23, 2009

23 months

Dear sweet baby,

Well, once again I've failed to acknowledge your month-birthday on the actual day. The excuse of the month would be that on December 18 I was very busy getting ready for Christmas and making a 3rd birthday cake for your sweet friend "Keddedy."

I think this is the last month you'll get a monthly post now that you'll be TWO years old next month! I'll still post regularly, but will probably switch to 3 or 6 months posts to track your development and such.

My favorite things you are doing right now...

You are becoming more and more independent, and you are so proud of yourself when you do something all by yourself!

You love to jump! Both feet have been leaving the ground for about 2 months now.

You have such a tender heart. Your feelings get hurt so easily, and you cry this special cry that lets me know your heart is simply broken.

Run! You love to "chase daddy" or "chase mommy" but we have to let you catch us pretty quickly or the game is just ruined.

You love to help "make brownies." Even if it's really cake or cookies, you call them brownies. You just love to stir the pot and make a great big mess!

You still love to read books and you want to be held while we read.

You've developed a recent fascination with both Dora and Diego. It's the biggest treat in the world to be able to watch Dora or Diego, and an even bigger treat when they are both on the same show! And while I don't endorse using TV as an educational tool, I would like to note that after watching Dora we can now count to 10.


My favorite things you are saying right now...

"Bye, bye! Silly later!"

"Bye, bye! Crocodile!"

"Tickle, tickle lillel stah!" (Twinkle, twinkle little star)

"Steamroller, daddy!" (As he rolls over his daddy and squishes him)

"I did it! I did it, mommy! I did it!"

And, just a few days ago... "Happy birthday, mommy!"


And here are just a few more pictures of you with Santa Clause!

I love that your little hand is stuck in your pocket as you tell Santa about the BIG snowman and the BIG tree in the background.... as if he didn't know.

Sweet baby, you are the most precious thing in the world. We love you so much, and are so excited about watching you grow up.


All our love,

Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Lovely parents make lovely babies! He is such a doll. Merry Christmas to you all and the grandest of New Years!

Gaye said...

Happy Birthday Banks! 23-months old...soon you will be 2 years old!! I can hardly believe it! You are my heart..Love and kisses from Yaya and Papa