Friday, January 25, 2008

We've rounded the corner!

Great news! After about 18 hours under the bili lamp, Banks's jaundice level dropped! We no longer need the lamp, but he's still a little yellow. That's ok though - I'm just SO relieved that our little bundle is doing better! This is the best I've felt all week. I had no idea how much energy I had spent just worrying about him, and now that he is eating like a champ and the jaundice is getting better I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders! I think we're about to figure out this nursing thing too - we're getting more efficient at it! Of course, now that I've put that in writing I'm probably in for a long night...

Thanks to everyone for your prayers this week!

5 comments:

Jennifer :) said...

Yay!! Just keep on nursing whenever he wants it...that will get all the yellow out...you will be surprised how white he is after he has worked all the bilirubin out :) I thought Drew was going to have dark skin but...I was mistaken :)

The Dart Family said...

Congrats Sarah! He is so adorable! My Jackson was under a bili-light for 5 days, so I know how hard it is during those first few days!

Banks is adorable and I hope I get to meet him one day!

Nancy

Liza said...

Fantastic!!

Liza said...

We want new pictures! We want new pictures!

Annie said...

I am glad things are going better.
You need to post on how your first babies are doing with the new addition. :)