Wednesday, February 18, 2009

13 months

Dear sweet Banks,

You are just the sweetest thing in my world right now! How are you 13 months? Just a year ago, you hadn't even learned to smile yet and here you are learning to walk! You bring my heart such joy, and I love to play with you and hold you and rock you to sleep. You love your parents right now! You really don't want us out of your sight!

Here's a look at what you are doing now...

- Your words: mama, dada, dog, out, shoes, no, yes, apple, duck, woof woof, bye bye....by far your favorite word is DOG!

- When we say "Listen with your ears..." you put your hand to your ear and lean a little like you are trying to hear!

- You are still taking a few steps and standing on your own, but not walking fully yet.

- You share your opinion! You point at what you want, and you yell when what you want is taken away! Really, very opinionated.

- You love books! The other night I think I read you 7 books before I declared it time for bed - we would have read ALL your books if it was up to you! Furthermore, you like to read the books to me! You crawl in my lap and babble and point at the pictures!

- You love 2 toys above all others... your ride-on red car and your radio flyer car. When you see either one, you point and yell until you are given a chance to play. We had to hide the radio flyer car the other day so you would stop throwing fits!

- You love to throw a ball and roll a truck! How do boys instinctively know these things?

- When we are out and about and you are ready to leave, you start throwing kisses at everyone because that is how you say bye-bye! So, you start throwing kisses and I know it's time to leave!

- If I'm around, no one else can put you to bed. You only want mamama to put you down! If I'm not around, you are a breeze for other people!

- You shortened Da da's name to Da! When you see him you just say "Da!" I think it's sweet that you named him yourself.

- You love music and you love to dance!

- Your favorite food right now - kidney beans. Random, I know.

Banks, you become more fun every day! Every age has been my favorite so far - and I hope it always stays that way! You are so full of life and I love to watch you explore your world.

We love you, Banks! More than you can possibly imagine...

Mamama and DA!

2 comments:

Gaye said...

Happy 13 month birthday Banks! Your Nellie and Papa love you so much! Can't wait to see you...

Melissa Smith said...

Happy Birthday Banks!!!