Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas at the Smith house, and we are looking forward to continuing the Christmas celebrations this weekend when the rest of the Smiths come to visit! We are so blessed to have 2 wonderful families who are traveling to the 'Boro to enjoy the holidays with us!

I'm posting some holiday pictures for everyone. In the first, Jonathan and I had a raging debate over whose belly is biggest :) I'm pretty sure I'm still winning, but maybe he should lay off the Turkey and dressing...

Merry Christmas from the Smiths and Eaves! Not a bad picture to have been taken with the self-timer of my camera, huh! Although I gotta say - I should have known better than to wear horizontal stripes this far pregnant... I look huge! I'm switching to vertical stripes - I hear they will have a slimming effect on me and Banks! Or maybe it's beyond hope anyway...

And the last picture is the sweetest of all! My Uncle Munchy (yes - it's Munchy - which is another entertaining story for another blog post some time) has spent the past several months building a precious cradle for Baby Banks. The intentions behind the cradle are that this cradle will be passed down among all the children in the Eaves/Smith families from here on out... all of our babies will use it and then so will Chris's and Brett's babies. It's really an amazingly beautiful piece, and I can't believe my uncle is so talented! So much of the woodworking he had to do by hand. Once Banks comes I'll be sure to post pictures of him laying inside!


I hope your Christmas was truly joyful and that you had a chance to enjoy family and more importantly, reflect on our Savior's birth.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like you all had a pretty great Christmas! What a precious gift...I know you will cherish it forever. Merry Christmas and lot's of love to you Jonathan and Banks!

Medic Mom said...

Vertical stripes don't help either! I've given up on "shrinking" my belly - its all an illusion!!! You look great! Wear it proud!