Friday, December 7, 2007

Baby Classes

Jonathan and I started our Prenatal classes last night! Boy does that make this whole delivery thing seem real! We got to tour the delivery rooms and we learned all about the stages of labor and what to expect.

But let me just tell you - we are taking this class with another couple we know - and so of course Jonathan has someone to giggle with the whole time... the WHOLE time! They found humor in everything! It was like they were in high school gym class hearing these words for the first time! Every reference to the female anatomy and the gross references to all bodily fluids sent them into another round of giggles. I guess boys never grow up :)

Truth be told - he still paid attention and the class was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the classes next week, even though the dirty rumor is that there will be a birthing video involved. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes!

I guess Banks really will be here soon! 49 days and counting!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am proud of you for taking birthing classes. I did not. I did not realize this at the time, but Brian tells people that he about busted out laughing whenever things got too serious in the delivery room. I would have stripped him of his manhood had he actually laughed.
He and my mom were awesome coaches, though, and I made it through it all. Just like you will no matter what you see on that video next week.

gipsonsontherocks said...

HAHA!! Jonathan is a funny guy! Atleast he makes it interesting for ya!! I am glad you are taking the classes. Kaci said she felt so much more prepared after taking them and James felt more prepared as well!! 49 days til Banks' arrival!! Can't wait!! Aguri! Translation-many wishes!