Jonathan and I figured that if we grew up visiting the battery and downtown Charleston, then our boys would grow up visiting these places too! Banks was really excited to go see the "cannonballs" and he really expected to see pirates, too! Baby steps, people, baby steps. We will eventually teach him a more accurate history lesson about the battery but for now - pirates and cannonballs is all he wanted to know!

After a nice long walk on the battery, we ate lunch and headed to the Aquarium. The SC Aquarium is the perfect size for a three year old! It was just big enough! Banks loved it, and so did Eli!

I know it's a little hard to tell int he picture above... but this is a "Stingray petting station." Banks did not want to touch the stingrays, but he loved that they would come up to touch the glass! He kept saying "It's a
fwendly (friendly) one!"
I'm not sure who had more fun.... Jonathan and I or the boys!
We wrapped up our day with a nice dinner with our good friends the
Magners. I didn't take any pictures of that.... failure! All in all, though... a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment