Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lakation 2010

Eaves family vacation was a hit this year! Well, it was a bit of a "staycation," but we shall call it Lakation for fun! We decided to stay at the lake for a week and do all the fun things we otherwise never take the time to do! I'm so glad we did. I came home really rested and relaxed. I think I needed it.

Banks finally decided that he loved to tube! Just earlier this summer, he wept. But this time, he threw on the Buzz Lightyear lift vest, proclaimed "To infinity and beyond!" and hopped on the tube with his daddy.

Tubing with daddy - he probably didn't go faster than 5 mph. Tubing with CJ, I'm pretty sure we hit 20 mph... I tried not to look at the speedometer.

Classic Lakation. Do you see the little splash in the water in front of the random house? That's Jonathan swimming to shore after the boat broke down. He swam to shore and ran a half mile barefoot back to the house to get the pontoon to pull the ski boat back to safety.

Tubing with Uncle CJ! Little did I know how fast Brett was going to take them.... Banks loved it though!
Banks loves Bailey the dog! This was a frequent scene during the week.

Papa and Banks! We decided to take the boat out to the locks. We told Banks we were going into a "big water cave!" We built it up to be the most exciting thing ever! We planned to go through the locks and eat lunch at a nice little seafood place on the other side. Sadly, we get all the way to the locks, and they were CLOSED! You should have seen the elephant tears... Banks cried and cried saying "I want to go in the water cave!!!" Oh well, another day perhaps. We still had a great time taking such a long boat ride! We couldn't have possible had better weather!

Banks and Yaya had some serious time playing play dough. This occupied them for about an hour I think. I've never seen Banks so intent on play dough! Or Yaya for that matter...

Uncle Boo boo! Our captain for the ride to the locks!

CJ and Jody! It was so good to see Jody even for such a short time! We had a great time!

And the rare picture of just me and Jonathan!

Thanks to all for a great Lakation 2010! We had a blast!

No comments: