Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whine, whine, whine

Tonight, Banks was being particularly whiny. I thought I would lose my mind.

I need help!
I need my sunglasses!
I need my firehat!
I need my BOOOOOOOOOOTS!
My boots fell off! HEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP me!
I need yogurt!
I need you to HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP me with my yogurt!
I made a MESS! Clean me UP! I need a TOWEL!

You get the picture, yes? No? Ok, here's more...

I need my paper and scissors!
I need my PAPER AND SCISSORS!
I. NEED. MY. PAPER. AND. SCISSORS!
Mommy, where's your scissors?
But you need YOUR scissors!
You can't use MY scissors!!!
Mommy, cut me something OUT of the PAPER!

True story. Promise. He's whining incessantly. Back to aforementioned paper and scissors.... I finally sit down to help him cut things out of paper. He tells me he wants a heart. Let me assure you that I'm not a happy camper, or a very willing participant in this game. I'm ticked. He's driving me nuts. But I'm really trying to just keep the peace until Jonathan gets home.

I cut him out a heart.
His face lights up with pure joy.
He says to me... "JESUS IS IN THIS HEART!"

Wow. Just goes to show how pure their precious little hearts really are. What I saw as an opportunity to just survive the next 30 minutes, God used to show me how precious my son really is.

Needless to say, I happily sat on the floor and cut out as many hearts as his precious little heart desired.


1 comment:

Gaye said...

That is so incredibly precious! I think God uses the little ones sometimes for a wake-up call. You and Jonathan are doing such an excellent job of teaching Banks about God and securing his place in heaven. I love you all.