Sunday, September 20, 2009

20 months old

Dear Banks,

Twenty months old on Friday.... these days are flying by! When I pick you up from your crib in the mornings, your long legs dangling, I'm reminded that every day you are less a baby and more a little boy. But, I'll baby you as long as I can.... I still rock you like a baby every night, as you say "Rock, rock mommy."

What are you doing at 20 months? A LOT!

- You are putting together sentences, 2 and 3 words. I love that I'm starting to hear your thoughts out loud. Yesterday you said "Dog kiss mommy" as you brought your dog to kiss me.

- You really love to dance still, but now you actually dance a little to the rhythm of the music!

- In the car, you want to sing with your duck puppet. You yell "SING! Song."

- You love a "foofball!"

- You still love to tickle daddy.

- You understand possessives. You like to show me "Mommy's eyes. Banks's eyes."

- You love Kindermusik. Especially the "wishy washy wee!" song!

- You ask for your friends by name, and we can talk about them.

- You really remember things that happen, and we talk about them later. Today, we were able to talk about last night's football game and the friends we saw.



- You know and your remember all of your extended family, and it's a lot of fun to flip through pictures with you naming everyone!

- You like to pretend to "pat" our backs to put us to sleep. You "pat" your dog and put him night-night too. It's the first of the "pretend play" we've really seen, and it's so sweet! I love pretending! This week you also pretended to be asleep in your crib when I came to get you. You said "Mommy, asleep!" And he rolled over and closed his eyes, then peeked to make sure I was watching!

- You're really into feeding yourself, and you make a MESS!

We love you sweet, sweet baby! You make us so happy!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Happy Belated 20-month Birthday, my sweet boy. Yaya and Papa love you so much! I enjoyed seeing you last night on the videocam. Be good boy and I'll see you soon...hugs and kisses...Yaya