Monday, September 2, 2013

Clemson-Georgia Game and the S6E Boys

For months we (by 'we' I primarily mean the S6E {pronounced "sexy"} boys) had been planning to open the 2013 football season with a family-friendly reunion at Lake Keowee. It's been years since they (and our families) had hung out, and we were long overdue for a reunion! We kicked off the weekend by taking Banks and Eli to the First Friday Parade. Banks insisted on bringing his Tiger to see the parade. Sweet child... I'm sure the Tiger enjoyed it! 


Nothing could have prepared me for the emotions of walking my children through Clemson. Showing them our lives before we knew them. Hearing them yell (scream) "I LOVE CLEMSON!!" Us too, sweet boys. Us too. 


I don't know why it overwhelmed me like it did. I suppose I couldn't help but think about how twelve years ago when I met Jonathan at Clemson, we couldn't have imagined these precious children in our future. But God knew... and that is incredible to me. 


Eli got his first Clemson hat. He wore it all weekend. He was so proud! Bonus: Orange is his favorite color.


Could I be more blessed? I love these three so much. 



Banks was such a big boy all weekend. He played with the big kids and had so much fun. He loved Tigertown!


And the original S6E boys, together again. Jonathan is so blessed to have such amazing friends - truly lifelong friends. I loved that our children got to know each other. The next generation of Clemson grads! 


Go Tigers!

(PS - We beat Georgia!)

No comments: