Statesboro was an incredibly special place full of some of the best friends I could ask for in life. Of all those special people, the Olliffs were some of the first who took us in and made us feel like we could really make a home in Georgia. I think I would have been lost without them and they will always have a special place in our lives. Less than three months after our move we were able to find a weekend to get the families together to catch up, relax, and let the children enjoy the lake!
I love the way our children are close enough that they believe we planned this weekend for them instead of us. Oh sweet ones... you believe that and I hope you had a blast!
They were begging to go swimming as early as 8:30 in the morning! Sweet Kennedy and Banks were the biggest water bugs, followed closely by Eli. Whit swam a lot too, but he's more of a wildlife whisperer and could often be found chasing the ducks and geese.
Morning, noon and night... with maybe a nap in between for the wee one... those sweet children swam! It was good for my soul to see my children so happy... and good for my soul to catch up with Katie!
Is it considered normal two-year old behavior to fearlessly jump from docks and swim to the ladder? So brave. He's two going on five, for sure.
I could just eat them up. So cute. Ages ranging from 2 to 6, but they played so well. Kennedy took such good care of Eli. She's born to be a momma one day!
We couldn't have asked for better weather, better activities, or better friends for the weekend. Blessings all around!
'Til next time Olliff Family!








No comments:
Post a Comment