Jonathan and I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Fiji this year! Truly - it was once in a lifetime. After 24 hours of travel there and even longer to get home, I don't know that we will be going back. After all, there is a great big world out there to see so our next travels will be somewhere else!
Our resort was near the village of Sana sana. One day we took a walk over the sugar cane tracks to visit. Our guide, Gim, showed us the chief's house and the church. He opened a coconut so we could drink the milk. We bought jewelry made from coconut shells from the women. The men were restoring some homes after last spring's massive flooding.
We snorkled, parasailed, and rode jet skis on a private island. I left the water promptly after a shark passed within 3 feet of me. The coral was phenomenal, though it too suffered from the floods when fresh water rushed into the ocean.
Jonathan spent a day fishing. I spent a day at the spa.
What a blessing and a treat to travel to the other side of the world and experience another culture. Where will our travels take us next?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment