Dear sweet precious Eli,
Your smile continues to light up a room. The perfect balance of sweetness and love with mischief and silliness. So happy and joyful. And a touch strong willed.
You truly embody the old nursery rhyme...
Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails,
That's what boys are made of.
With dirt on his nose,
and scrapes on his knees,
the throwing of rocks,
and the climbing of trees,
with pockets of frogs,
and jars full of bugs
makes a sweet little boy
full of kisses and hugs!
You ask to sing "Gwace" every night before bed. Amazing Grace. And you know all the words and often sing along.
After "Gwace" you want "Fountain Song." Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. You know most of those words too. Sometimes you top of the night with a good old hearty "A B C's" or "This little light of mine." Lately, "Happy Birthday" has been a favorite too and you sing it to me, to yourself, or to Jesus.
You count to ten easily. Then you "Blast off!"
Your favorite color is orange. It suits your personality. You are witty, charming, spontaneous, impulsive, optimistic, eager, bold and adventurous.
Your best friends are Banks, Maddux and Parker. You love your school and your teachers. You are two going on five, sweet baby boy. Always trying to keep up with your brother.
Your language skills never cease to amaze me. We converse easily now, and I'll cling to the babyish phrases as long as I can... "Hold you, Mommy." "Eli go night night now, K?" "Want Fountain Song." Oh, how we love you sweet boy.
I wish I could put you in a bubble and keep you this way forever, but I know better. You continue to grow and amaze me and I wouldn't want to stop that. We look forward to the man you will become. Just take it easy. Not so fast. There's plenty of time.
We love you, sweet baby boy. Happy Birthday.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy







No comments:
Post a Comment