Sunday, January 1, 2012

Eli's 1st and Banks's 4th Birthday Party

This year we had a camping birthday party for Banks and Eli as they celebrated their 4th and 1st birthdays! They were excited about sharing a party, and even more excited about all of their family being there! It's a rare treat for Banks to get to have all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousin in one place - and he truly could not have been any more excited if he had been having a "friend" party instead. I love that he loves his family so much! We did miss Uncle Will and Katie, Papa Ted and Nama Jane, and Nana though!


For Banks's first birthday, I decorated the party with monthly pictures of him. I decided to do the same for Eli, and then I made a yearly banner for Banks!



Eli needed a smash cake, and I was worried Banks would be wondering where his personal cake was - so I went ahead and made them each a cake. They were pretty simple cakes - and it was nearly as easy to make two as it was to make one.




My favorite part of the party was a trail mix bar! Every camper needs fish (goldfish), wild animals (animal crackers), grizzly bears (gummy bears), snakes (gummy worms), and other treats!





The birthday boy with his trail mix!


Another birthday boy hanging out with Papa!


Pappy, Jonathan, Banks and Brett preparing the fire.


Sweet little cousin Mac! We are so glad Ben and Melissa and Mac spent New Year's Eve with us as well!


Eli is wondering if all of this is really for him...

Yay! It is!


And Banks couldn't believe his good luck to have his very own cake too!



I love his foot propped up here. He loved his cake! And we all loved the 70 degree weather in January!

Off to the bath we go!












We are so thankful to all of our family who spent New Year's Day with us celebrating our sweet children's birthday! Thank you!

1 comment:

Beth said...

And that beautiful January weather is one of the many reasons I miss SC so much! Such an adorable birthday party- you are very creative and talented, friend! Loved the trail mix bar and personal smash cakes.