Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Banks!

Happy birthday, Superman Banks!

Where did 4 years go? Really, I'm serious... where did they go?

One day I was watching you take your first steps, and the next day I'm watching you climb up the side of your swing set praying you don't fall down. But Superman never falls, so why would I worry, right?



You have a huge vocabulary, and you use it. Really, you do.

All. Day. Long.

You are spirited and dramatic! You love to play pretend. You love to run. Currently, your swing set is  a pirate ship and you beg us to bring Eli out there so you can play "shark."

You are so loving. Every night you ask for "10 kisses!" But you always sneak eleven.

You tell us you love us every day, and you tell Eli "Big Brother loves you, Eli!" He loves you, too.

You tell me "everyone" is your friend, and you play most often with Parker and Hunter, Haley, Mixon, Presley and Roan.

You can't be tricked into the "Who do you love more?" game. You always, without fail, respond with "I love mommy AND daddy!" In the "I love YOU the most" game, you always respond with "But we can love each OTHER the most!"



You still have a hard time with your "r," "y," and "th" sounds - but that's ok. It's all the baby I have left in you.


You are still such a happy, well-mannered child on most days. Your growing independence is making you talk back a little more than I would like, but overall it's rare. We're working through it. Most days, you are a sweet little rule following people pleaser.



You are so sure that turning four meant that you wouldn't have to take naps anymore. Sorry, buddy.... but you still do.

You still love books, and you demand 2 books every night. One book for fun and one book from the bible. I love that you are learning so much from your bible, and that you never tire of these stories. May you always love that book!


Happy Birthday, Banks! We love you so much. You are my sunshine.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: