Sunday, May 22, 2011

5 Months Old

Dear Eli,

You are so sweet! You really are such a good baby. You (mostly) only cry when you are hungry or tired, and frequently your need to sleep is greater than your need to eat.

I don't know why time is flying so fast, but I wish I knew how to slow it down!

You are not interested in rolling over. I really believe you could if you wanted to, but you are flat out not interested!

You laugh and giggle, and no one can make you giggle as much as Banks can! You light up when you see your brother, and I love to hear Banks talk to you and say, "Aw, Eli..... you're such a little tiny baby..." or "Aw, Eli.... it's your big brother! I'm here!" I hope you will be best friends one day.



You suck your thumb, but only sometimes. You prefer the paci, but thumbs and fingers are good for chewing.


You are finally sitting in a Bumbo chair! You love it! You needed to be able to sit up to see the world, and you are happiest in an upright position.

You are really good at recognizing mommy and daddy and can pick our voices out in a crowd. You give us the sweetest smiles when you see us.

You like to play on your tummy for short periods. Sometimes you push your little behind up in the air like you want to start to crawl. Fortunately, you're not really there yet. Whew! I'm not ready for you to be mobile!

Your smile lights up our little world! God made you a happy little baby, and I pray you will be so happy your whole life!

Your mommy and daddy love you to pieces, sweet boy!

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy and Daddy

PS: Here's a picture of Banks at 5 months in case you wanted to see a comparison!

No comments: