It's been a while since a picture-less post, but I thought I would share about Eli and how he'll be here in 10 days or less!
At his 36 week ultrasound, our sweet little boy measured 6.8 pounds, which translates roughly to 6 lbs 12 ounces. Should I carry him to 40 weeks, he'll be pushing 9 lbs. Fortunately, at my 37 week appointment we learned that I'm already at 1 cm, and so my body is starting to make some progress toward bringing sweet Eli into the world! In order to both ensure Eli has enough time to have his lungs fully developed, as well as ensure he is born before he hits 9 pounds, we've tentatively settled on December 20 as his induction date if he doesn't come on his own before then!
I'm excited, and nervous, about his upcoming arrival! I'm worried Banks will never forgive me for making him share the spotlight with a brother, and yet thrilled that I may be giving him his best friend. I'm nervous about all the late night feedings, but I can't wait to snuggle that sweet baby in my arms. I'm afraid I'm not going to finish getting ready for Christmas before he's born, but the greatest Christmas gift of all will be snuggling both of my sons on Christmas morning.
So many mixed emotions, coupled with so many physical discomforts... we'll get through this though right? Ready or not... here he comes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're going to get through this just fine. You and Jonathan have been amazing parents to Banks and will be doubly amazing with two children. Banks may have some issues at first, but in the long run he'll be happy for the present you're giving him. I can't wait to meet Eli and see Banks introduced to his little brother.
By the way, you and Melissa have given me the best Christmas presents I could possibly hope for this year!!!
Love you lots,
Nama
There's nothing better than two sweet boys! It will be perfect!
Post a Comment