Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two and a half

Dear sweet Banks,

I can hardly believe you turned two and a half today! You've changed a lot since your second birthday. Where does time go, and how did you get so big? And now you're going to be a big brother, and you'll hardly be my little baby anymore!

- You are quite the conversationalist. We have long talks now about your day, and I love the way the things that seem inconsequential to adults are the most monumental moments in your day.

- I love that when I put on a dress, you ask me if I'm a princess.

- I love that you have real friends now, and you get so excited about going to play with them!


- I love that you aren't so scared of the water anymore, and you're bravely jumping in to mommy or daddy. You love the pool!

- At your last parent-teacher conference, your teacher told me that your imagination was on the same level as a preschooler. On any given day, you are a lion, or a tiger, or a bear; or you're playing pirate; or you're pretending to go fishing; or you're giving imaginary voices and stories to your bears, dogs, or even your piggies.

- By two and half, you're pretty much completely potty trained. You're in underwear except when you sleep, and you've only had 1 accident in 10 days. I'm so proud of you!

- At two you were in a crib, and a two and a half you've transitioned to a toddler bed and now a big double bed. You love your firetruck room!


- You're still a super picky eater. Will you ever learn to like what the rest of the family is eating?

- You're very polite. I get a lot of "please" and "thank you's" for the smallest things, but it's so sweet!


- You're very silly! Sometimes you just dance around (as in the above picture) so silly and make up silly stories. Again, I love the way your little mind goes and goes!

- You love your mommy and daddy so much. You still want mommy to rock you like a baby after school and have some good cuddles before it's time to play. You like to be hugged and kissed and snuggled at bedtime... it might be your favorite time of the day!

- You love love LOVE to read books. A stack of books can hold your attention for nearly an hour... usually mommy or daddy give out on reading out loud before you give out on listening. Most recently, you try to read the books back to us. When you can't remember the story, you make one up, which is perhaps even more entertaining for us!

Thank you for being the most precious son we could have asked for. When I update you at 3 years old, you'll be a full fledged big brother. Your world will be changed, but I think you can handle it just fine. You have an awful lot of love in your heart to give!

All our love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: