Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Days!!

What a perfect way to spend Valentine's weekend - in the snow with my Valentine's!

Banks had never seen snow, and let's be honest - I hadn't seen snow in at least 7 years! It just doesn't snow in South Georgia. Well, until this weekend! We were actually in upstate SC for the weekend, but it even snowed at home. I can't believe we weren't there to witness the snow in Georgia, but we had so much fun here! We had about 4 inches, and Banks loved it.

The snow started Friday afternoon. Jonathan woke Banks and I up from a nap to tell us it was snowing. We promptly bundled up and headed outside. Here's Banks's reaction:

Jonathan: Banks, what is it?
Banks: It's raining!
Jonathan: No Banks, it's snowing!
Banks: It's snowmaning!
Jonathan: No, just snowing.
Banks: It's snowing.


Banks's first snowman! This was on Friday, when the snow had just started. Banks was so proud. And then he threw it.
I'm pretty sure this was after a good tumble in the snow.
Sweet little snow boots after Round 1 in the snow.

Making snow angels with mommy!
Wrestling with daddy.
Mmmmm..... Snowcream! I can remember many snowy mornings growing up where we scraped up some fresh, clean snow and made snowcream! Yesterday's snowcream tasted like my childhood, and it was so sweet to share that with Banks!
Uncle Will... doesn't he just look like he's up to no good?
A Banksie-snowman!! And yes, our snowman was at least 6 feet tall.
Oops! Banks fell off!
(Kidding people, do you think I'd let him sit unsupervised on top of a 6 foot snowman?)


Uncle Ben and Aunt Issa had fun in the snow too!
I'm pretty sure Uncle Ben is teaching Banks about the merits of properly packing your snowball for maximum impact to the jaw.
Not to be outdone by Banks, Will also needed to be on top of the snowman.
I'm pretty sure this shot involved some snow being thrown down Pappy's shirt.
And it's time to take off the wet clothes and warm up!
I just loved this picture of Banks in all his random layers!

1 comment:

Melissa Smith said...

We had lots of fun with y'all this weekend!! Please tell Banks that Uncle Ben and Aunt Issa miss him already!!