What are Abby-tails, you ask? They're pigtails. Banks's friends at school call them Abby-tails after Abby Cadabby on Sesame Street.
Me picking Banks up from school.
Banks: Hey Mommy! I found mommy!
Me: Hey Banks! I missed you!
Banks: I need Abby-tails!
Me: No, baby. You don't need Abby-tails.
Banks: I NEED ABBY-TAILS!!!! Proceed to cry hysterically for, no lie, 30 minutes.
Me tucking Banks into bed tonight.
Me: Banks, let's talk about Abby-tails. You know, only little girls wear Abby-tails. You don't need them. Do you want to be like a big boy, like Daddy, or a girl, like Mommy?
Banks: I want to be a girl like MOMMY!
Me: Well, Banks, maybe I shouldn't have asked the question like that. You want to be a big boy like Daddy, right?
Banks: Yeah! I want be like Daddy! BIG boy!
Me: Ok, well big boys like Daddy don't wear Abby-tails.
Banks: I not wear Abby-tails ANY MORE!
We'll see how tomorrow goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love hearing his conversations:) soooo sweet!!!
He likes to wear curlers with his YaYa, so I could be convinced to give him an abby-tail or two!
That is the cutest little conversation I've ever heard! He is SO cute! :)
(by the way, found your blog from Amy Costa's!)
Post a Comment