Last weekend, a special Christmas elf came to the Smith house! This special Christmas elf watches Banks to see if he has been naughty or nice, and the elf keeps Santa very well informed! One of the very nice things about our elf is that the elf is teaching Banks about Santa Claus - which is just so special because it's so magical, and we all remember that magic from our own childhoods.
Here's the conversation that transpired about our little elf friend...
Mommy: Banks, this is a special scout elf who watches you to see if you have been good or bad for Santa Claus. You need to give your elf a name. What would you like to name the elf?
Banks: Sarah.
I then wait a few hours in case he misunderstood my question. We read the book again and talked about the elf again. Then...
Mommy: Banks, have you thought about a name for your elf? Your elf needs a name!
Banks: Sarah.
Mommy: Banks, you want to name your elf "Sarah?"
Banks: Elf Sarah, mommy. Elf Sarah.
I'm pretty sure that's the point where I got very teary. How precious. Every day since then he has continued to affirm that his elf's name is Sarah. I have no idea what that baby is thinking, but I do love him with my whole heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So cute. I think we are going to try the elf this year too!
Sorry that was me Amy Jones.
oh my gosh Sarah, i LOVE this!! i would cry too.
i can't wait for elf on a shelf with Lucy :)
Post a Comment