Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy 6th Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!

Six years ago today... WOW! So much time has past, and yet I still clearly remember our wedding day. Being so nervous, but so happy! Sweet little ceremony... trolley-bus to the reception... super fun reception... heading off to the honeymoon. Some of my favorite memories would be...

... Standing at the alter with you, realizing you were wearing a mic on your lapel, and being afraid to whisper anything for fear the entire congregation would hear me! And you worrying that I was not happy because I wouldn't talk to you!

... Papa in the conga line dancing to Hot, Hot, Hot!

... The groomsmen, primarily Tim, dancing with mom (and my brothers NOT being fans of that!)

... The dog pile on Kent (It was Kent, right?) when he caught the garter!

... Julie being real serious about catching the bouquet!

... Dancing and dancing and dancing away at the reception!

... Checking in to our hotel in Columbia and realizing that there was an AME church convention going on occupying the whole hotel. I can hear those sweet ladies with their giant hats now... "Aw Honey! Let those babies through! They just got Married! Congratulations, sweeties..."

... Being surrounded by family and our best friends in life as we made a commitment, til death do us part, to love and to cherish, as long as both shall live.

And I mean it more today than I did back then.





4 comments:

Liza said...

Awwww, I wish I could have been at your wedding! I mean, I know I didn't know you then or anything, but still :)

Beth said...

Sarah you look so young in that picture! What I remember most about your wedding is Jimmy Eaves doing the cockroach on the middle of the dance floor! Gosh that was a fun reception. :) So thrilled to have been a part of such a wonderful day!

Haylee said...

happy anniversary to one of the sweetest couples i know!

gipsonsontherocks said...

Congrats you two. You are a special couple! I am glad that I was able to share in such a special day. The pictures of your wedding day are priceless! I look forward to watching you both grow old together!