Monday, July 13, 2009

Matter of Perspective

So today, I was sitting around bummed thinking that today was just NOT my day. By 10 AM, I had already gotten the call that Banks was being sent home from school again for biting. He's teething again, so not only was he biting his friends but he was biting himself. His mouth hurts - it wasn't malicious. But home he had to go. Then after a very busy day, my car battery died just 15 minutes before Banks's swimming lessons started. So, today was not my day, right?

Then, as I was flying to swimming lessons because we were running late, I had a realization. Today WAS my day!

When Banks's teacher called to tell me about the biting, I just so happened to be on the phone with Kristin discussing her grad school application. She immediately asked, "Do you need a babysitter?" Wow, God put her in just the right spot at the right time! So off we went to Kristin's for the day! And Banks had an awesome time, by the way! Then, I had a busy afternoon. I picked Banks up at 5:30, but it was 6:00 before I had him in his bathing suit and the car seat loaded back in my car. If I left right then, I would just make it to swim lessons on time. That's when I tried to crank the car, and realized I had a dead battery.

So I was mad. How frustrating. But then, I pulled the jumper cables out of my car and as I stared at the inside of my front hood wondering where the heck the battery was anyways, Billy just happened to drive by and stopped to jump me off. Again, God put someone in the right spot at the right time! Wow. And we were only 5 minutes late to swimming lessons.

When I realized this, I stopped speeding and just enjoyed the rest of my ride realizing that God had been in control all along.

Today WAS my day.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Banks is old enough for swim lessons?! Wow Sarah, how incredible is that! If he is anything like his daddy, he will be a major athlete! Many aspects of Monday were not so great for me either, but I am thankful for your post to remind me that God IS in control and so able to guide us through our daily trials!

Haylee said...

love it~ so so so right~

Amy Jones said...

What an encouragement for the day!