Sunday, July 12, 2009

Charleston Sprint Triathlon

We had a wonderful night in Charleston last night with Krista, Jim, Haylee and Bill! And a WONDERFUL race this morning! I couldn't have been more proud of all of the boys (Jim, Bill, Jonathan, AND BANKS!!!!). The big guys raced like champs, and Banks behaved like a champ! It was really a huge adrenaline rush even for us girls watching. It's just so exciting watching the man you love more than anything in life compete in a race he's been preparing for during the past several months. And I felt SO PROUD to see him be successful!

Banks waved his sign and said "YAAAAY DA!" It was so sweet. Jonathan even heard him yelling during his transition when he was dropping off his bike!

#340! That's my man! The swim was really long. I would've been proud if he had only swam, but then he got out and biked and ran! How about that hat? Super hot. You know it.

Bill and Jonathan getting on the bikes! They were neck and neck at this point, but Bill's bike is super fast and he began to get a lead a little after this.


Chillin' and waiting for Da da to come around again. Did I mention he was SO good during the race?
Woo hoo!!! GO JONATHAN GO!

OK, Bill SMOKED it through the finish line! I mean - running like a sprinter through the end! He blew through it! Please note that neither of his feet are touching the ground at this point.

Also, it's important to note that even though the clock says 1:45 - that is not Bill's time. You have to subtract 23 minutes because Bill and Jonathan's heat started 23 minutes after the timer started.
I would also like to add that Jonathan also smoked it through the finish line! He turned up the heat, and took off! Go baby! I'm so proud of you!

Hooray! He finished! He doesn't even look winded, does he? I do love this man!

Hooray! Jonathan with his 2 biggest fans!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, this post made me happy. I will reserve the rest of my comment for you personally. Way to go, J!!

Sandi said...

Impressive...very good job!!

Grandma Robin said...

I'm very proud of both my "boys"!!! (Maybe I should say all four of my "boys" - don't want Uncle Ben and Uncle Will to get their feelings hurt.) However, I do not know where J gets it from. I can't run to the mailbox!!!

Quay,Erica, Ava, and Sam said...

Good job! Quay has done the Chas Sprint the past two years, but we didn't make it there this year. Is he going to do anymore? It'd be great to see you guys at one!!